10 PDU - Effective Project Management using PMIS and MS Project Part 3
Part 3: Activity Resources Management and Best Scheduling Practices
FINAL CLEARANCE! THIS COURSE WILL BE DISCONTINUED NOVEMBER 15, 2016. THERE IS STILL TIME TO ENHANCE YOUR SKILLS AND CLAIM PDUs AT A FRACTION OF THE COST. TELL YOUR FRIENDS AND COLLEAGUES AND GET YOUR TRAINING DONE BEFORE IT IS NOT THERE ANYMORE. THE COURSE WILL BE CLOSED NOVEMBER 15, 2016 AT MIDNIGHT (PST). THERE IS NO TIME EXTENSION FOR CLEARANCE COURSES. SAVE ON TUITION AND GET IT DONE NOW!
The distribution of PDUs in alignment with the new PMI Talent Triangle ™ is provided in the course brochure below.
Course Prerequisite: PMP certified
COURSE CODE: EPROJ3
PDU CREDITS: 10 PDU new “Course or Training” education category (formerly known as category B)
The PMI Talent Triangle™The distribution of PDU's in our courses is provided in compliance with the new PMI Talent Triangle ™ as follows:
- Technical Project management: 6-PDU
- Leadership: 2-PDU
- Strategic and Business Management: 2-PDU
TRAINING PROVIDER: PMCAMPUS.com/MOKANOVA INC.
Our training certificate is a valid proof that you completed training toward the new “Course or Training” education category (formerly known as category B)
In this third course will learn all about resources, activity costs and the whys and hows of using Microsoft Project software 2010/2013. This training focuses on managing resources, costs and project budget in the context of implementing project cost management good practices using MS Project productivity tools.
Topics and Learning Objectives
Unit 1 (2 hours): Setting Up Human Resources, Material and Other Types of Activity Costs
- Review the types of resources in MS Project
- How and when to use Material Resources
- Explore the most popular Work resources
- Identify Cost resources and their usage
Unit 2 (2 hours): Managing Project Activity Costs and Estimating
- How to place Resources into Groups
- Managing Fixed Cost to a Task
- Managing Varying Costs for a Work Resource
- Implementing changes of Task Types
- Recognize better scheduling strategies using MS Project
Unit 3 (2 hours): Managing Activity Resources Assignments and Tasks
- Identify the multiple ways to add material resources to tasks
- Review how to assign cost type and work resources to a task
- Explore how Microsoft Project can assist in resource management
- Explore how to use MS Project to manage resources by tracking a resource’s capacity, utilization, and availabilities
Unit 4 (1 hour 45 minutes): Managing Project Budget and Cost
- Understanding why and when to use Effort Driven or Fixed Date tasks in MS Project
- Making the best use of the Resource Views
- Reviewing the Project Costs
- Reviewing the breakdown of Resource Costs
Unit 5 (2 hours 1/4): Resolving Resources Assignment Issues
- How to deal with overallocation
- How MS Project determines the Critical Path
- Applying resource leveling
- Adding overtime to deal with overallocation
- Splitting a task manually
Interactive Training Activities:
- 5 Audio Narrated Presentation
- 1 Good Practice Survey
- 3 Articles and Discussion
- 20 Video Lessons
- 20 Interactive Tutorials
Earn Your PDUs
As you complete learning activities, your course certificate will update in real time. Once all tests are passed, your course certificate can be printed immediately. These tests can be retaken as many times as needed to achieve a passing score. We recommend that you keep a copy of the training certificate for your records.
The last step is to report your training in PMI' CCRS and claim your earned credits for PDU recertification. Follow the guidelines provided in this course to make sure you have all the documentation requires in hand to complete this process quickly.
Course BrochureThe course brochure contains a summary of the course details. To download the PDF file, click here.
Included With This Online Course:
- 30 days unlimited access, 24/7 (start date is date of purchase)
- Contact Us, Ask the Expert and Customer Helpdesk Hours
- Terms and Conditions and Refund Policy