10 PDU - Effective Project Management using PMIS and MS Project - Part 4
Course Prerequisite: PMP certified
COURSE CODE: EPROJ4
PDU CREDITS: 10 PDU new “Course or Training” education category (formerly known as category B)
The New PMI talent triangle™The distribution of PDU's in our courses is provided in compliance with the new PMI Talent Triangle ™ as follows: :
- Technical Project management: 6-PDU
- Leadership: 2-PDU
- Strategic and Business Management: 2-PDU
TRAINING PROVIDER: PMCAMPUS.com/MOKANOVA INC.
Our training certificate is a valid proof that you completed training toward the new “Course or Training” education category (formerly known as category B)
In this fourth course will learn all about MS Project Calendars: How to adopt Task and Resources Calendars and use them efficiently to manage your projects with MS project 2010 and 2013.
This training focuses on PMI good practices and productivity tools and will show you how to leverage PMIS such as Microsoft Project software for baselining and tracking progress.
Topics and Learning Objectives
Unit 1 (2 1/2 hours): Overview of PMIS and MS Project Calendar Features
- Recognizing the importance of calandars
- Adopting calendars to help manage projects with complex, large, and/or virtual teams
- How using a PMIS and Calendars can simplify projects management and processes
Unit 2 (1 hour 45 minutes): Using Task and Resources Calendars
- Consider what are Task and Resource Calendars and when to use them
- How Task and Resource Calendars interact and how to ensure they are working well together
Unit 3 (2 hours): Consolidating Project Resources using a Resource Pool
- How to create a resource pool
- Using resource pool on projects and assigning them
- View resource usage
Unit 4 (1 hour 45 minutes): Baselining and Monitoring Project Progress
- Set project baselines
- Date Line usage & customization
- Use the Tracking Gantt
- Use Project statistics
Unit 5 (2 hours ): Tracking and Marking Progress
- Explore a method to analyze and mark task progression.
- Learn how to mark a task as delayed and the progression of multiple tasks at once.
- Examine ways to automate the tracking of task progression and updating actual costs.
- Use Project statistics
Interactive Training Activities:
- 5 Audio Narrated Presentation
- 1 Good Practice Survey
- 3 Articles and Discussion
- 22 Video Lessons
- 22 Interactive Tutorials
Earn Your PDUs
As you complete learning activities, your course certificate will update in real time. Once all tests are passed, your course certificate can be printed immediately. These tests can be retaken as many times as needed to achieve a passing score. We recommend that you keep a copy of the training certificate for your records.
The last step is to report your training in PMI' CCRS and claim your earned credits for PDU recertification. Follow the guidelines provided in this course to make sure you have all the documentation requires in hand to complete this process quickly.