10 PDU - Effective Project Management using PMIS and MS Project Part 5
Part 5: Project Communication, Reporting Tools and Performance Analysis
FINAL CLEARANCE! THIS COURSE WILL BE DISCONTINUED NOVEMBER 15, 2016. THERE IS STILL TIME TO ENHANCE YOUR SKILLS AND CLAIM PDUs AT A FRACTION OF THE COST. TELL YOUR FRIENDS AND COLLEAGUES AND GET YOUR TRAINING DONE BEFORE IT IS NOT THERE ANYMORE. THE COURSE WILL BE CLOSED NOVEMBER 15, 2016 AT MIDNIGHT (PST). THERE IS NO TIME EXTENSION FOR CLEARANCE COURSES. SAVE ON TUITION AND GET IT DONE NOW!
The distribution of PDUs in alignment with the new PMI Talent Triangle ™ is provided in the course brochure below.
Course Prerequisite: PMP certified
COURSE CODE: EPROJ5
PDU CREDITS: 10 PDU new “Course or Training” education category (formerly known as category B)
The new PMI talent triangle™The distribution of PDU's in our courses is provided in compliance with the new PMI Talent Triangle ™ as follows:
- Technical Project management: 6-PDU
- Leadership: 2-PDU
- Strategic and Business Management: 2-PDU
TRAINING PROVIDER: PMCAMPUS.com/MOKANOVA INC.
Our training certificate is a valid proof that you completed training toward the new “Course or Training” education category (formerly known as category B)
In this fifth course, you will learn all about MS Project reporting functionalities, project communication tools, maser project, performance analysis and how to display EVM results.
This training connects the dots between PMI good practices and MS Project productivity tools and will show you how to leverage PMIS such as Microsoft Project software for reporting, communicating and presenting results.
Topics and Learning Objectives
Unit 1 (2 hours 45 minutes): Managing Communication and Project Reports
- Explore MS Project Reports
- Review Project File Sharing & Distribution
- How and why use PDF for Distribution
- How to add Resource Notes
- Using Timeline in Other Applications
Unit 2 (2 hours 15 minutes): Customizing your MS Project Reports and Gantt Chart
- Explore ways to customize the Gantt chart.
- Learn how to create custom reports and Excel Visual Reports.
- Discover the utility of periodic reports.
Unit 3 (2 hours 15 minutes): What is the Master Project and When and how to use it
- The advantages and disadvantages of a Master Project
- Creating a Master Project
- Updating Master project from Subprojects and linking Subprojects
- Adding tasks to Subprojects
Unit 4 (2 hours 45 minutes): Formulas, customs fields, earned value and performance analysis
- Understand what Microsoft formulas are and how to use them
- Learn all about custom fields and the powerful ways they can help you better manage your schedule
- Understand Earned Value Management (EVM) and ways to effectively display its results
- Better manage your project through effective performance analysis
Interactive Training Activities:
- 4 Audio Narrated Presentation
- 3 Good Practice Survey
- 5 Articles and Discussion
- 21 Video Lessons
- 21 Interactive Tutorials
Earn Your PDUs
As you complete learning activities, your course certificate will update in real time. Once all tests are passed, your course certificate can be printed immediately. These tests can be retaken as many times as needed to achieve a passing score. We recommend that you keep a copy of the training certificate for your records.
The last step is to report your training in PMI' CCRS and claim your earned credits for PDU recertification. Follow the guidelines provided in this course to make sure you have all the documentation requires in hand to complete this process quickly.